Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Joseph Smith: Take II


Once again, I felt really good about how this painting started, but it seemed to lose quality as I went along. My finished painting was definitely better than my first try, but not good enough to put out in public. After two failed paintings, you would think that I would give up and move on to a different project. But instead, being the tenacious woman that I am, I am preparing a third canvas. This time, I feel like I know where I went wrong with the first two, and I can make this one turn out as beautiful as it is in my mind. The third time is the charm, right?

P.S. My apologies to the Swenson Family for the extended wait on this painting. I did not intend to do this project three times. However, I cannot exhibit a painting that is not up to par with my expectations. I hope you understand. Please bear with me a little longer!

No comments: