Friday, April 22, 2011

Photo Shoot for Virgin Mary Paintings

One of my close friends is pregnant right now. I asked her if she would model for me sometime, and she agreed. We made a couple of attempts to get together, but it always seems like one of us would have a last minute change of plans. She is getting VERY close to the end of her pregnancy and I was starting to worry that I wasn't going to get a chance to photograph her before her baby was born. However, the stars all aligned just right and we were able to do a fantastic photo shoot. I was so happy! She was the perfect model and I just love the spirit and the perspective that she brought to the subject of the Virgin Mary.

In all, I took about 150 photos of her in various positions. I got some photos of her posing as Mary, and I took some of her and her daughter in modern clothing as well. I got so much fantastic material, that I should have enough information to create several beautiful paintings just from this single photo shoot. Thank you to my fantastic models! You were absolutely wonderful!

No comments: