Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rainy Days

It is raining cats and dogs here in the Bay Area! My heavens, the rain will simply not stop. I just checked the forecast and apparently, the rain is not going to let up until after the weekend. I have never seen so much rain in my life!

This may come as quite a shock, but I actually like the rain. It isn't snow. Besides, there is something cozy about being nice and toasty warm in your house and watching the rain fall outside. Rainy days are great for watching movies, cleaning the house, and catching up on all of those long neglected projects. Today I think I will make banana bread (yum!), paint over old canvases, and tackle the growing mountain of laundry in my hamper.

My little girl woke up this morning with a burning fever, a nasty cough, and a splitting headache. Today looks like it's going to be very low key and relaxed. If I don't go crazy listening to the beep-beep-beep of the upstairs door alarm going off every 2 seconds (the tenants moved out and there must be some MAJOR repairs going on because they don't even have a door attached anymore), then we can still have an enjoyable day!

No comments: