Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Expectations" is Sold

"Expectations" sold yesterday to a collector from Orem, Utah. The painting was included in the 8th International LDS Art Competition. It is hanging in the Conference Center on Temple Square in Salt Lake City with nearly 200 other religious and inspirational works of art. The couple that purchased my painting saw it when they visited the exhibition. They fell in love with it and returned a second time to see it before deciding to buy the piece.

I am so happy that my painting sold to a wonderful couple that will cherish it for many years to come. The best part about selling an inspirational work of art is not the boost to my bank account, or being able to label another painting as "sold", but knowing that a painting I spent endless hours creating has touched another person's heart. Artwork uplifts the soul and can invite a wonderful spirit into a home. I am overjoyed that I was able to contribute to that feeling in someone else's home. As an artist, my greatest goal is to provide artwork to collectors that will uplift and inspire them. Each time I sell a painting (no matter the subject), I feel that I have attained a little bit of my goal.

PS - I finally made it back to Wisconsin! Once things settle down a little bit, I will be able to start blogging more. I've missed updating my blog, and I can't wait to get back on track.

No comments: