Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting Settled

I am still getting settled after our long trip back to Wisconsin. I have a few exciting projects in mind though, and I will be posting the progress as I get into them.

The 14th Annual Richard Schmid Art Auction was on Sunday. I haven't yet heard if my painting sold or not, but I am assuming that it did :) I believe that the auction planners were counting on a full sell-out at the auction. Hopefully that is what happened. Proceeds go to support the Rist Canyon Fire Department. It is one of two fire departments in the State of Colorado that does not receive funding through the State.

Here is my painting "Snow Covered Fence" all framed and ready to go.

Just for fun, here are a few pictures from our drive.

This was in Hannibal, Missouri where Mark Twain grew up and wrote his famous novels, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn".

This is the temple of the Community of Christ in Independence, Missouri. They have free tours through the temple. It was such a beautiful building!

No comments: