Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Value of Creating a Study

Since I completed the study (see previous post) I have been able to study out the composition, find weak spots, locate problem areas, and decide where more information is needed. There is great value in creating a study before you make final commitments. Once I was able to step back and see how this study turned out, I was able to decide which areas needed more work.

Although I enjoy watercolor, oil is still my medium of choice. This painting is going to take a little more planning and preparation than I originally speculated. During this period of time when I can't paint with my oils, I will continue collecting information and developing this idea. If I have any progress worth posting, you will see it here.

On a side note, my family and I will be heading back to the beautiful state of Wisconsin in a couple of days, so this will be my last post for a couple of weeks.

No comments: