Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspiration for New Temple Paintings

Okay so this picture doesn't really count as inspiration, but I just thought it was such a nice photo of our whole family. 
The Jordan River Temple.  I kind of wish that I had been able to get a photo of it on a sunny day, but I think that this will work just fine.  It might actually work better for me depending on how I choose to paint it. 
The Salt Lake City Temple.  I cannot wait to paint this one.  I just love love love it.  Like the Nauvoo temple, it has captured my heart and I am itching to have it on my wall.

I also recently took photos of the Cardston, Alberta, Canada Temple and the Oakland, California Temple.  I grew up in Cardston and I was married in that temple, so it has very personal and significant meaning to me.  The Oakland Temple is my current temple.  I love it as well.  Other temples that I have lived near are Mesa, Arizona, Chicago, Illinois, Denver, Colorado, Rexburg, Idaho, Idaho Falls, Idaho, and Twin Falls, Idaho.  Temples are so beautiful, I want to paint them all!

My name is written on a rock that sits underneath the Baptismal Font in the Twin Falls, Idaho temple.  My husband and I lived in Twin Falls and watched the construction of the temple.  We even have a discarded piece of exterior stone.  The Angel Moroni was erected during our lunch breaks from work and we drove over to watch it go up.  It was a very exciting day!  We moved to Wisconsin two weeks before the open house started, so I've never actually been able to attend that temple. 


No comments: