Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nauvoo Temple Has Shipped Out

I shipped my Nauvoo Temple painting out this morning.  Usually, I don't get too attached to the artwork I create.  I know that I will have to give it up and so I purposefully try to keep an emotional distance from my paintings once they are completed.  I was not successful this time.  I was all sniffles as I carefully boxed up my newly framed painting and got it ready to ship. 

Please don't think I am horribly strange for getting teary eyed at shipping off my painting.  I never have before, but there was something about this one that I just have a hard time letting go of.  One thing is for sure - I will be ordering myself a nice canvas print for my own wall! 

Now it is just a matter of time before I will know if my painting of the Nauvoo Temple has been accepted into the 9th International Art Competition.  I will be holding my breath!

No comments: