Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SOLD! Misty - Original Oil Painting

"Misty" the original oil painting of a miniature horse that I featured in the previous post was sold at the 15th Annual Richard Schmid Art Auction. This is the second year that I have participated in the auction, and the second year that I have sold a painting there. I actually had quite the time getting this piece ready to ship for the auction. The deadline was closing in and I still hadn't managed to find a suitable frame for it. I finally found one online and ordered it through Jerry's Artarama. It was due to arrive in time for me to mount the painting into the frame and ship it off to the auction with a couple of days to spare. As it turned out, I didn't enter my apartment number on my address, so when the painting arrived (on schedule) the postmaster didn't know where to take it. So then I had to wait a couple more days until they got it figured out and finally got my painting with just enough time to dash around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get it mounted and wired, packed and shipped. I still managed to get my painting to the auction in plenty of time. But there is nothing like a bit of a last minute panic to make you decide to plan out your framing months in advance!

In spite of my panic to get the frame attached and the painting sent off in time, I still enjoyed being able to participate in the auction this year. I am happy to think that my artwork has gone to help sustain a worthwhile cause and I love being affiliated with the auction.

No comments: