Thursday, July 2, 2009

Paradise - New Watercolor Painting

Paradise - 9 x 12
Watercolor
$100
Copyright of Dena McMurdie 2009

I learned some new techniques for watercolor and utilized them in this painting. I used the wet on wet technique to establish the main color scheme. Then I went back afterwards and added the tree trunks and more color on top to make the trees appear to have more depth. Yellow has always been one of my favorite colors to paint with and I just love the warm feeling it gives to this painting. It is titled "Paradise" because I imagine that heaven will look something like this, beautiful soft colors, with happiness and warmth surrounding you at every turn.

Sign up for my newsletter to receive updates on my artwork and upcoming events!

To purchase this painting, please CONTACT ME. I accept payment via check, credit card, or PayPal.

No comments: