Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just Chillin' - New Original Oil Painting of a Polar Bear

Just Chillin' - 8 x 10
Oil on Canvas
$100
Copyright of Dena McMurdie 2009

I just love this small painting of a polar bear that I saw at the local zoo. He was relaxing in the shade and stretching his neck. The brushstrokes are really loose. There is a wonderful play of warm and cool colors on the animal. I left the background abstract in order to keep the polar bear as the focus of the painting. Wildlife is one of the many subjects that I like to touch upon every now and again with my art.

Sign up for my newsletter to receive updates on my artwork and upcoming events!

To purchase this painting, either CONTACT ME or use the PayPal button below. I accept payment via check, credit card, or PayPal.





No comments: