Monday, January 9, 2012

What I Love About Being a Mom

As my faithful blog readers will know, I am a mother to two little girls.  I stay home with them and paint ever spare minute I get.  I absolutely love staying home with my kids.  Not too long ago, I accidentally applied for a job as a Google Doodler.  I say accidentally because I didn't intend to apply.  I met the wife of a Googler that happened to know the designer in charge of hiring a new Doodler.  She gave them my information.  While I was flattered that they might actually consider me (I mean, it's GOOGLE! I have always wanted to work there), I couldn't bear the thought of leaving my kids at daycare. 

I love being with my kids every minute of every day.  That may sound strange to some people, but believe me, I have really nice kids.  Take today, for example.  I got to do my girls' hair this morning, then we read through all our library books before heading down to take them back. We spent a nice hour or so browsing books and picking out titles.  My four year old has just discovered Roald Dahl and was very excited to check out some more of his stories.  Then I let them play in the kid section for a bit.  We came home and had crepes for lunch.  It was a fantastic disaster of batter, nutella, bananas, and whipped cream.  Then baby #2 went to bed for a nap while baby #1 stayed up and played GO FISH with me. 

Sometimes I feel sorry for my husband that he has to go to work all day while I get to play with the kids.  It isn't always cupcakes and roses, but I sure wouldn't trade it.  

No comments: