Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Latest Watercolor: Autumn Barn II


Autumn Barn II
Watercolor - 11 x 14
SOLD

I love autumn and I love the colors that come with it.  Cool weather, warm colors, hot chocolate, pumpkin patches, and Thanksgiving.  What could be better?  Not much.

I received a commission to paint an autumn barn scene in watercolor and this is what I came up with.  Watercolor is always a stressful medium to work in because it is so difficult to control.  However, I have found that I really enjoy the surprises that happen when you learn how to manipulate the paint.  I love the bright colors that come out in the fall, and I really wanted to capture that in this painting.  Looking at this makes me really excited for the next few months!

What is your favorite thing about fall?

No comments: