Friday, February 10, 2012

Nauvoo Temple Painting is Accepted

 Nauvoo Temple - 10x20
Oil on Canvas
Copyright 2012 Dena McMurdie

It's official! I received a letter this morning from the Museum of Church History and Art stating that my painting Nauvoo Temple passed the second round of judging and will be displayed in the 9th International Art Competition.  I am absolutely thrilled!  I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

If everything goes according to plan, then I will be able to attend the opening reception which will take place on March 16th.  The awards ceremony will be at 6:00pm at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square and a reception will follow at the Church History Museum until 9:00pm.  The exhibit will remain open through October 14, 2012, and will be online at www.lds.org/museum starting March 17, 2012.  Some entries will also appear in Church publications like the Ensign, Liahona, and Church News.

If you are able to come to the opening reception, I would love to see you there!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the beautiful red trees to pop some color. Nicely done.

Deborah said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing! Congratulations!!!!!!

I would totally beg Tyler to take me to SLC (or steal the car and the children), but I'll be in NV and it's an 8 hour drive rather than 4 hours. I'm so sorry! But I am thrilled for you!