Monday, September 12, 2011

Sept 11, 2011

I can't believe that it has been 10 years since the disaster of 9/11.  Like most people, I can remember exactly where I was when it happened.  I was working as a cashier at a grocery store in Lethbridge, Alberta, and my boyfriend at the time came up and told me that the United States had just been bombed.  I just stared at him as he told me about the twin towers and the pentagon.  The information about the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania didn't reach us until later.

When my shift ended, I ran over to my boyfriend's apartment to watch the footage.  I will never forget the horrific scene that unfolded on the television.  There were no bombs, but what we saw was so much worse.  The sight of the planes crashing into the towers is something that will be burned into my mind forever.  Words cannot describe my feelings when I saw the towers fall.

This year marks the 10th year anniversary of the event that changed our nation.  My husband and I saw the footage again on the news.  It was like seeing it for the first time all over again.

So many people.  So many lives.  Let's not forget those we lost. 




No comments: