Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Windbreak - New Original Oil Painting


Windbreak - 8 x 10
Oil on Canvas Panel
$100
Copyright of Dena McMurdie 2009
I had a bit of a setback so I wasn't able to post anything yesterday, but this is my newest painting. It is a windbreak for a farmer's field. Autumn has always been my favorite time of year, which is why most of my paintings depict the fall. The design and composition are simple, the row of yellow trees progressing toward the background. I left the brushstrokes loose in this painting, keeping with my impressionistic style. I was careful to make sure that the trees faded in color and detail as they receded. The color scheme I chose was a simple one, blue and yellow. It kept everything nice and simple, just the way a painting should be.

Sign up for my newsletter to receive a painting in your inbox!

To purchase this painting, either CONTACT ME or use the PayPal button below. I accept payment via check, credit card, or PayPal.





1 comment:

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Dena, First time to visit your blog. I have enjoyed looking around. Your work is wonderful. Love finding new artists , new for me. :)