Friday, June 5, 2009

New Challenge From the Blog "Different Strokes From Different Folks"

I've been watching the art blog Different Strokes From Different Folks for a while now. It is a very interesting idea. The blog author, Karen Jurick, posts a new photograph every two weeks and challenges her viewers to paint or draw their rendition of it. There are some amazing works of art that come from these challenges! Recently she posted a new challenge, and I've decided to make this my first attempt at completing the challenge. I've made sketches and compositions of the photograph. My project for today is to paint it. I'll post the finished piece as soon as I finish with it.

If anyone wants to take the challenge for themselves, visit the blog Different Strokes From Different Folks. Happy painting!

No comments: