Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ablaze: Original Oil Painting by Dena McMurdie

Ablaze - $100
8 x 10
Copyright Dena McMurdie 2009

I recently finished this small painting of a brilliant red tree near the lake shore. The colors of the leaves in Wisconsin during the fall are absolutely spectacular, and I wanted to capture it in paint. This painting almost has a Japanese feel to it. I kept the brushstrokes loose, to maintain my impressionistic look, and I used a simple split complement color scheme of red, blue, and neutral green.

If you are interested in this piece or any other painting on my site, please contact me by clicking on the link below. It will take you to a contact form on my website.
My family and I will be staying the summer in Colorado. I will be taking my paints with me, but all of my existing work will stay here in Wisconsin until we come back. Keep checking in to see new artwork all during the summer!

No comments: