Thursday, April 16, 2009

Misty - Original Oil Painting of a Miniature Horse








Misty - $450
9 x 12
Oil on Canvas Board
Copyright Dena McMurdie 2009

I just finished this piece last night. This is "Misty" a miniature horse. I chose a small format (9 x 12) and used mostly the same color throughout the painting. I love the effects and the mood that can be created by sticking to one or two main colors. Although this piece may appear to be entirely made up of different shades of brown, you may be surprised to know how many colors were used to complete it. If you look close enough, you will notice hints of blue, green, red, and violet throughout the composition.

I quite enjoyed painting this piece. I decided to paint it for an invitational show that is coming up soon. So wish me luck, as I send this image off to be judged into the exhibit!

No comments: